Saturday, January 20, 2007

Friday night fun

Last night we decided to go bowling and it was the best decision ever. We have taken Savanna with us numerous times, and we have always ask her if she'd like to try it, but she has always said no. Of course we asked her again this time if she wanted to bowl and it was no again, but Brad wasn't taking that answer this time. He pulled Savanna's shoes off and carried her to the lane. They rolled the ball down the alley together and her first try was almost a strike! From then on she was hooked and we couldn't get her away from the lanes. She kept saying, "is it my turn yet?" Of course I was taking all sorts of pictures with tears in my eyes. Our neighbors were there with us and kept saying I looked like the embarrassing mom who makes a big deal out of everything. I don't care though, our baby tried something and loved it. Now Brad has a bowling buddy! He bowls on Sunday nights in a league and Savanna has already asked to go with him each week. He told her if it wasn't so late she could go with him. Maybe she can go this summer when she's out of school. Here are the pictures!











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww I'm glad she had fun!! What did yall end up doing Saturday? Smooches! *AMS

stephlipecky said...

Awesome! Why is it that you always have to FORCE some kids to do these fun things and then they realize that it's a blast and they love it?! Both Haley and Peyton are TERRIFIED to try something new, but when they finally do it, you can't stop them! I was nothing like that... I wasn't scared to do ANYTHING!

I'm glad you guys had fun!

Brad & Kristen said...

Amber ~ Savanna and me both had hair appointments Saturday after work. Then I went to the house and got busy cleaning up. I took Savanna to her little friends house around 5, then I went back home to finish what I had started. Before I knew it I had had one glass of wine too many, lol!

Steph ~ That is so weird! The funny thing is, Savanna will get on any roller coaster there is, but it took pulling teeth to get her to bowl. I don't know what's up with that! I was like you were though, I would do anything.